MACKENZIE PHYSICAL EDUCATION POLICY
Physical education is not only mandated by the New York State Department of Education, but it is an important part of the total educational program offered at
Physical Education Rules
1. Students are expected to have sneakers for all physical education classes.
2. Students in 6th grade are expected to dress for every class unless notified by the teacher.
3. Appropriate language use is expected from all of us.
4. Respect and proper sportsmanship will take place in this class
5. Discipline will be equal and fair for all students
Uniform ( 6th Grade )
• The uniform will consist of shorts or sweatpants and T-shirt in accordance with the school’s dress code.
• Sneakers must be worn and tied
• Socks, preferably white, must be worn.
• Long hair must be tied back
• All jewelry, including watches must be removed
• Apparel should be on hand for outdoor activities in cool weather
Locks & Lockers( 6th Grade Only )
• The locker rooms can be used during all gym classes, but no locks are provided. The Door is locked during 6th grade classes after student are changed.
• All gym clothes must be taken home for laundering
• You are given 5 minutes to get to class and change.( 6th Grade )
• You are to conduct yourself in a safe and orderly manner at all times.
• Total participation is required at all times.
• Any student not participating in class for any reason other than a doctor excuse will be given a Physical Education related assignment. Failure to complete assignment before the end of the period will result in further deduction from grade.
• Gum chewing is not allowed.
Last Modified on October 7, 2011