At the Regular Meeting of the Eldred Central School Board of Education held on October 2, 2014, the following Spectator Code of Conduct was approved for all ECSD athletic events. Similar Spectator Codes of Conduct have been adopted by all Section IX schools.
Section IX Athletics
Spectator Code of Conduct
Section IX Athletics recognizes the importance of behavior and personal character in our student athletes. As such, we ask our spectators to:
1. Demonstrate a high degree of sportsmanship.
2. Show team support by making only positive comments.
3. Show respect for the judgment of coaches, officials, and referees.
4. Acknowledge fields, courts and equipment as the player’s domain during contests.
5. Monitor the safety of children in the bleachers and stands.
6. Respect the law. All public schools and Section IX venues are smoke-free, substance free environments.
7. Athletic contests home, away or at a neutral site are an extension of the classroom. Therefore, all school rules are in effect.
8. Spectators will respect and obey all school officials, supervisors and site personnel at contests.
9. There will be no ringing of bells, sounding of horns, or other noise makers at indoor contests. *Outdoor use will be at the discretion of the site personnel.
*This does not apply to spirit groups including school approved pep bands or cheerleaders.
10. The throwing of debris, confetti, or other objects from the stands is prohibited. Offending individuals will be asked to leave the premises.
11. Exceptions to this behavior will lead to ejection from the event.
12. **No Pets are allowed on school property unless they are a registered service animal.
13. **Students on the ineligible list are not to attend any sporting event for the duration of the five week marking period.
**Please note that individual schools may have more stringent policies.
Last Modified on October 6, 2014