In an effort to make the ride to and from school as SAFE AS POSSIBLE, please review these safety rules and regulations with your children.
1. Students should be waiting at their bus stop 10 minutes prior to their bus pick up. Drivers are instructed not to wait for students.
2. Remind your child to wait on the side of the road in vision of the bus driver.
3. Students will not be permitted to ride other buses or to get off at another stop unless a written note from home is received by the driver before they ride. Students in Gr. 7-12 must have their notes signed by an administrator prior to giving it to the bus driver.
4. Students are not allowed to be taken off the bus other than at their own stop, by anyone, including their parents. The only exception is if they have submitted written permission to do so.
5. Parents - please instruct your child to cross the road carefully!!!
When crossing, walk far enough (10 ft.) in front of the bus so you can see the driver’s face.
Wait for the driver’s signal.
Cross to driver’s side. Look both ways, make sure traffic is stopped; then proceed.
Walk....DO NOT RUN!!!
The driver must always be able to see you.
If it is not safe, go back to the curb. Do not just stand in the road.
Do not go back for dropped articles.
6. Parents - please instruct your child to sit down in the bus - with head and hands inside of the bus. No yelling or screaming, which is distracting to the driver and could cause a potentially dangerous situation, will be tolerated.
7. Parents dropping students off or picking students up are NOT to drive into or next to the school parking lots (where the buses park). This also causes a dangerous situation.
8. No parents are allowed on the bus without authorization.